Thank you for visiting Dragonsoft Studios.
I am your humble dragon host, Roahm Mythril.
Please enjoy your stay!
Recent Updates :
04/28/2017 - So Dragonsoft Studios is a right mess at the moment. Essentially, my room is rather in a jumbled state while I'm trying to organize and make space for the new workstation and new computer. The system itself, I haven't gotten any new word on it since the notice about it being in stress testing. Hoping to hear more about that soon. As things stand though, there are piles and piles of old VHS tapes I've been sorting through to make more space to store things from my old workstation so I can get rid of that so I can move my current workstation and put in a new one for the new computer and I swear this all makes sense in my mind. Frazzled durgon is frazzled.
This has all been keeping me pretty solidly occupied. One of those things, I held off on this longer than I should have. It's only by the grace of the system taking longer than assumed to get here that I even still have time to get it done o.o; One of those things, I have to admit, back in grade school, I was one of those that had a bad habit of leaving projects until the last minute... What is it about a deadline that makes leaving things to the last minute feel somehow appealing...?
Anyway, site updates time yo.
- The Library has been updated with the donation of Super Mario 3D World. My thanks to arisuvixen! Also, I have a few upcoming amiibos reserved.
- The Fan Art page has been updated with 11 new images. My thanks to everyone for the lovely art!
- The Patreon page has been updated with all new backers. As always, I am grateful for your continued support!
03/26/2017 - Welp, when it rains, it pours. After 8 years of service, my Gamebridge has officially carked it. As such, Resident Evil is back on hold once again, and I'm back to recording just what I can emulate or PC specific games. As such, I'm currently doing a blind run of the original Make a Good Mega Man Level contest results.
Given I'm in the process of getting a new system, I don't want to use up extra funds on another Gamebridge for a system I won't be using for recording purposes for that much longer. On that note, early April, once the next Patreon pledges arrive, I should be able to afford my new system. Pink, Chompie and I have been looking into it, and I think we have a nice system picked out that should hopefully pave the way to various improvements, such as using OBS for recordings, having new editing options, etc.
On the more positive side of things, I have my Nintendo Switch now, and have been enjoying the games I have for that. Hopefully once the new system is up and running, I will have a capture device that can accept HDMI input, and if so, it's a system I'd definitely like to record some projects from. The annoying thing is, after a recent storm we had, it did that annoying thing where it's screwed up some parts of our internet, and my Switch can't seem to connect at the moment despite doing so just fine earlier on. Kinda weird yo.
Update time :
- The Projects page has been updated with the current project of MaGMML 1. As well as the news about the Gamebridge issue.
- The Library has been updated with my Switch games, as well as the donation of Playstation All Stars Battle Royale. Thank you beedolphin for the game!
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with 4 new pieces of art. My thanks to everyone who sent in new work!
- The Patreon page has been updated with all new backers. My thanks for your continued support!
02/28/2017 - Hnnnnnngh..... So this month, it has been a thing. As is the case with LPs, I like to end on a positive note, so getting the bleh out of the way first.
Okay, first we have the one that's been plaguing me all month. Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom (that is to say, their desire to force people to upgrade and buy new systems), is shutting down the version of Skype I use. I got an e-mail about it at the start of the month, warning me I would need to upgrade Skype by March 1st to continue using it. The problem there is that, if I DO upgrade Skype, it won't let me sign on at all, not even for text chat. So, if indeed Skype goes boom tomorrow, there's not a lot I can do about it. Thankfully, my good friend Bandanastan (who is an awesome person) was kind enough to order a Chromebook for me. While you can't really install a good version of Skype on it, you CAN install Discord, so I have that up and running, though it took me awhile to get that figured out. It should hopefully suit my needs.
Another one that was looming for most of the month was that I had jury duty yesterday. So it went through the usual process of "check the site after working hours on the last work day before your court date," and it confirmed I had to go in. And boy, they don't want to let you forget it. I got e-mailed by the court system once a day during the weekend with YOU ARE REQUIRED TO REPORT FOR JURY DUTY. Yes, I get it already o.o; Suffice it to say, yesterday sucked. I talked about this one on my Tumblr, but long story short, due to my inability to make myself go to sleep earlier than usual, I was on about three hours of sleep. Once I got up there, I got called in for a panel on a pretty depressing case, and during questioning, the defense asked questions that made me hit a point where I couldn't objectively keep the defendant's "innocent until proven guilty" presumption in mind, the questions just painted too much of a picture that made me feel like I couldn't possibly remain objective and unbiased, so I was thanked for my honesty and released. And then tried to get a nap back home and woke up less than an hour later and feeling even worse... Yeah, yesterday was not a good day.
Other than that, just been feeling kinda meh in general, I think a lot of it though dealt with the above issues. Also slightly annoyed that my local Gamestop apparently is not doing the midnight launch event for the Switch, I was hoping to pick one up that way, but alas, I'll have to wait until stores restock, whenever that is.
So with all that said, onto the good things, of course there is the Chromebook and getting Discord to work on it, so that's nice. Also I have completed my 36th lap around the sun. Old durgon is old. I did get quite a few amiibos for my birthday though, as well as reservations for a couple of Switch games and the promise of getting said system sooner or later, so that is at least an inevitability. And hey, at least jury duty is over until they decide to bug me again. And there was at least the funny moment during the court visit in which one of the other potential jurors was named, I kid you not, Barry Burton. Just imagine for a moment, the lawyer holding up evidence, and hearing from the jury box "H-WHAT IS THIS?"
And so, site updates :
- The Projects page has been updated with Spyro 2 being fully completed.
- The Library page has been updated with several new amiibos I got for my birthday, a couple of Skylanders games I got while adding to the amiibo collection, and the donation of a Lenovo Chromebook (thanks so very much Bandanastan!). A new section has also been added for the Nintendo Switch, since getting that will happen sooner or later.
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with 12 new pieces of art. My thanks to everyone who sent in new work!
- The Patreon page has been updated with all new backers. My thanks for your continued support!
01/26/2017 - So anyone out there having that usual problem of writing 2016 still? I've actually been doing pretty good about it.
So welcome to a new year! Been one of those days where I'm having a hard time focusing on things, but at least finally got this knocked out. It'll be the 27th by the time I actually get this uploaded, but darn it, I started working on the update on the 26th, so I'm counting it as that! Or something!
So recent various developments, it seems Pokémon Bank updated, but alas, didn't solve some of the issues I really hope get patched in Sun and Moon itself, namely the lack of an in-game National Dex, or the large number of still missing Mega Stones. Those at the very least, I know they exist in the game's code, I mean, how else could Battle Royal / Battle Tree trainers use non Alolan Mega Evolutions? Also a little sad that my six Cosplay Pikachu are trapped forever on Alpha Sapphire.
I've also been watching an LP of Resident Evil 7. It's kind of weird watching it, so far I have the "Silent Hill 4" feeling in that, it doesn't look like a bad game per se, but I have to wonder if they should have let it be its own thing rather than trying to call it a Resident Evil game. Maybe it starts feeling more RE-ish later on? But so far, it's reminding me more of something like Outlast. I'm not getting any RE vibes.
We also have the reveal of the Switch. I'm cautiously optimistic, though disappointed that they're going to a paid online service. I mean, sure, I can't do much online gaming anyway, but does this mean I'll have to pay for Pokémon trades and battles from now on if Pokémon Stars Version indeed becomes a thing for the Switch as rumors predict?
Admittedly both the games I was really hoping to hear about were just "rumor" games, that and the rumored Switch port of Smash Bros. I know a lot of fan rumors are suggesting that's why we haven't gotten the Cloud, Corrin, or Bayonetta amiibos yet, it would seem to make sense, maybe we'll even get more characters? Dare I hope for Wolf and Ice Climbers to return, maybe Inklings and Shovel Knight getting in...?
Anyway, site updates time yo :
- The 2016 updates have all been moved to the Archives page.
- The Projects page has been updated a bit, a few projects moved around here and there and such. I removed the IWBTG projects for now, I MAY do them sometime, but I don't have as much fervor for those games as I used to. I also put further official Touhou projects on the "probably not" list. For one thing, I'm not really that good at the games overall, I have fun playing them, but Imperishable Night is the only one I've really gotten that far with. More to the point though, I don't really like having to leave the endings out to appease fans since apparently it's said that ZUN doesn't like LPers showing the game endings, so all told, I'd probably rather not do more of those. I just don't really like leaving a project feeling incomplete like that if I can help it.
- The Library page has been updated with a couple of games I recently managed to get my hands on for the Wii U : Pokken Tournament and Bayonetta 1 and 2. I also got Tokyo Jungle on the PS3. Also got a Turbo Charge Donkey Kong amiibo, though it hasn't quite arrived here yet. Hopefully soon though.
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with 7 new images. My thanks to everyone who sent in new work!
- The Patreon page has been updated with all new backers. My thanks for your continued interest and support!