Thank you for visiting Dragonsoft Studios.
I am your humble dragon host, Roahm Mythril.
Please enjoy your stay!
Recent Updates :
07/01/2020 - Another bit of a late update. Yesterday was super busy so I didn't have time to get them done. But here we are so let's get this show on the road, yo.
Things have been weighing heavily on my mind as of late. A lot has been due to June being the one-year anniversary month of when my mum passed away, so that's been hard. So too, the current world situation has been getting to me severely. It makes it hard to focus on much beyond just playing games for my own fun and relaxation.
Currently I'm trying to shake out of it and get back to work on things, but yeesh, it's one of those where everything going so badly, it just tends to beat you down, you know? Here's to better things ahead. Please.
Anyway, site updates :
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with 12 new pieces by Jon Causith.
- The Library has been updated with a few games I got for the Switch.
05/31/2020 - And now, the ACTUAL updates for THIS month.
Thankfully for the most part, May hasn't been THAT bad, at least not in the sense of actual things going wrong. More just personal mental struggles. I've been going through one of my phases of self doubt / low self worth. Second guessing myself a lot, questioning how enjoyable my work is, that sort of thing. Also doesn't help that I've experienced some out of nowhere anxiety spikes that I can't really attribute to anything. It's been a fun little roller coaster in my head.
At least part of the depression, I know what triggered it, and I'm doing my best to put it out of my mind. One of those situations where, even if I, in my low self esteem, am quick to blame myself, I logically know I didn't do anything wrong, and my friends have been there for me to back me up on that. Good to get outside opinions on such matters sometimes. So trying to just move on from it and keep doing what I do.
Times like this, I know I say it a lot, but I am exceedingly thankful for my fans and viewers. I've been getting a lot of support lately, people telling me how much they like my work, that means a lot to me. I'm also thankful to those that continue to support me via Patreon, as the only real income I have, it means a lot to me that people like my work enough to support my continued efforts. At the end of the day, I'm just some weirdo what roleplays as a durgon while playing video games for the internet, but as long as it can entertain people, be some sort of bright spot in all the mess going on, I'm happy to be able to supply that.
Not much to really update this time, but :
- The Library was updated with two new Switch games, Bug Fables and Crash N. Sanity Trilogy.
- The Fan Art gallery was updated with 4 new works. My thanks to the talented artists out there!
05/03/2020 - Whoops, a bit late on this one. It's been quite a month to be sure...
So yeah, April had several things that went wrong along the way :
- Almost a full week of powerouts with no explanation at the time. Within one week, our power went out at night, in Texas heat, on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Turns out they were replacing equipment, trying to get people on a new transformer or something? That's the best I got out of it.
- In the midst of this, when I vented my frustrations on my social media, someone decided to attack me for daring to complain because they had a worse situation going on. Never once did I say I had it worse than them, I didn't try to make them feel bad for anything, and they themselves admitted they were being a hypocrite by employing the same "things could be worse so shut up" behavior they hated seeing in others. Yeah, don't do that.
- As I was trying to get back in the swing of things with Secret of Evermore, we had yet another powerout, though at least a huge storm accompanied this one, so it felt like there was a reason for it.
- I had to renew my medical prescriptions. There was some confusion as to how that was going to work because I had to talk to the doctor. I didn't really want to go hang out at the clinic what with the current issues going on. On the phone, I thought they said they were only doing home consultations, which my uncle doesn't like sudden visitors. Turns out it was PHONE consultations, so we at least got that cleared up and my meds refilled.
- And the last of it, my cousin's older sister passed away last Thursday. She was 84, passed peacefully of natural causes, nothing virus related. I had to attend the funeral today, so have been pretty tired and out of it most of the day.
So yeah, April was another in the long line of "that was a thing" months. But hey, I survived, and it's updates time :
- The Library has been updated with a couple of new Switch games, Levelhead and Fledgling Heros.
- The Patreon page has been updated with all new backers. In difficult and uncertain times like these, I'm more thankful than ever for your continued support. It truly means the world to me.
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with 13 new pieces. My most sincere thanks to all the fan artists out there.
03/31/2020 - Headache or no, we're getting this posted!
2020's definitely going out of its way to be a thing, isn't it? Hoo boy... Things lately with all the bombardment of bad news, it's been highly stressful. I admit, it's easy to just lose myself in casual gaming to get my mind off it. Mostly I've been playing Animal Crossing as of late, which has been quite charming and fun.
That being said, I'm going to try to get some practice going to get the first bits of Secret of Evermore going soon. A lot of the tough part is researching "permanently missables" and seeing how many of them I really care about all that much. Which... yeah, some are complicated. At least early on things shouldn't be TOO bad. But it's been awhile since I've played this game, so getting used to it again might be a process, haha.
Anyway, updates :
- The Projects page has been updated with the end of Mega Man Rock 'n Roll and the leadup to Secret of Evermore.
- The Library has been updated with some new Switch games I got off the eShop, as well as the donation of Bubble Bobble 4 Friends from Iwantdevil, and Xenogunner on PC from HappyFrogGames.
- The Patreon page has been updated with all new backers. In these uncertain times, I am extremely thankful to everyone for their support.
02/29/2020 - Durgon is 39 now! (party horns)
Overall, this has been a fairly decent month. The usual ups and downs, and I wish we'd have a little less rain if only so our front yard would dry out, but I feel like overall I've been in a better place emotionally for the most part.
Birthday stuff was pretty great, delicious homemade pizza, and I got Pokémon Shield and DOOM for the Switch. I also got a set of old Blondie movies, I used to watch those with my mum, so a bit of a nice nostalgia thing.
Channel-wise, Zelda II is officially complete. Currently I'm posting the blind run I recorded of Mega Man : Rock 'n Roll, a fangame I greatly enjoyed playing through. Next up we'll be resuming the Let's Vote 2 list with Secret of Evermore.
Now if only I didn't have jury duty to worry about in a couple of weeks...
- The Projects list has been updated with the completion of Zelda II, and the current work on the Rock 'n Roll blind run.
- The Library has been updated with DOOM and Pokémon Shield on Switch. I also reserved Animal Crossing : New Horizons. Also, Ark gifted me a copy of Talisman Digital Edition on Steam.
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with a new work by takumi! My thanks for the new piece!
- The Patreon page has been updated with all new backers. My eternal thanks for your continued support. I greatly appreciate it!
01/31/2020 - Another year, another "time to clear out all the previous year's updates for the archives." And... honestly it was hard doing so this year.
Every year when I do this, I re-read the previous year's updates, just kind of refreshing myself on what all happened. Last year of course involved the loss of my mum, so going back over those events again... that was unpleasant. Just seeing how fast it happened, her first getting sick in mid May, and then passing away in mid June... It felt longer than that when it happened.
There's also the fact that I tend to begin each of these "first update of the year" things with "may this year be better than the last." I lost my step-uncle in 2018, and hoped 2019 would be better. Various downer moments in 2017 made me hope 2018 would be better... You ever get the feeling somewhere along the line you were cursed without realizing it?
The refresher course also made me realize I've been "working" on Zelda II since November, though to be fair, a lot of November and December was taken up by the bank fiasco, holiday stuff, and working on title card assets. Thankfully at least, once Zelda II is done, my next planned project is a blind run that should hopefully thus be "record the whole game in one go, then just edit the footage and post it all in quick succession."
At this rate, do I dare hope for better times ahead...? Anyway, site updates yo :
- The Archives have been updated with all the 2019 update records.
- The Library has been updated with the acquisition of A Hat in Time and Yu-Gi-Oh! : Legacy of the Duelist for the Switch.
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with three new works. My thanks to the fan artists!
- The Patreon page has been updated with all new backers. My eternal gratitude for your continued support.