Thank you for visiting Dragonsoft Studios.
I am your humble dragon host, Roahm Mythril.
Please enjoy your stay!
Recent Updates :
09/30/2022 - Oh man, been some fun times the last couple of weeks or so, stomach and back pains, hooray ~_~; Feeling mostly better now, though still going to be looking into replacing my chair soonish, don't think my current one is agreeing with my back lately.
That aside, things here have been pretty much same ol' same ol'. We're still adjusting to my cousin's Alzheimer's, just kind of taking things a day at a time as best we can. We've also had the arrival of a new kitten that someone abandoned out here, so that has been a further adjustment. We're doing our best for the little one, who ended up with the name Cereza due to the fact that I kept calling it "little one." Which... we've since noticed that he's a boy, so whoops. But we're doing our best to care for him, and he is very much a sweetie.
Meanwhile on the channel, I'll be wrapping up the current bit of Cuphead stuff soon, and getting back to MMBN5 afterwards. There may also be a World of Horror run or two in the near future what with spoopy month upon us.
So now, site updates :
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with 7 new pieces. My thanks to the fan artists!
- The Library has been updated with some new eShop purchases, as well as UltraX gifting me 100% Orange Juice.
09/01/2022 - I swear one of these days I'll actually grow a sense of time and notice when it's the end of the month...
Things at home have been... not great. My cousin has officially been diagnosed as having Alzheimer's, and the episodes have been getting worse. Unfortunately it's a condition that doesn't really have a cure, so... things are kind of inevitable, which has been heavily depressing for all of us. We're doing the best we can to cope, but... definitely not easy, and some days the household mood just reflects that.
Really there's not too much I can add onto that. The mood has made it difficult to find energy and time to record, but I'm still trying my best where I can. I suppose I can at least give some upcoming plans, though of course things are subject to change, and it might take time between recordings due to real life, as usual, being a thing.
So the basic plan for now channel wise :
1) Three more Cuphead vids, which would be taking the ingredients to Saltbaker, checking out the graveyard, and showing the different phase battles. I'll probably return to Cuphead from time to time though for things like Ms. Chalice runs or S ranks. We shall see.
2) Once those are done, back to MMBN5, with Crystal No Evos as a b-side project.
3) I have two other secret projects I plan to do afterwards.
4) I've kind of planned out a Let's Vote 3.
So that's where things are for now. MaGMML3 is also coming up, though we don't have a solid release date yet, so that will be a play it by ear thing for when it's out, whatever's going on at the time. And now, updates.
- The Library has been updated with some new games for the Switch, and even one I picked up for cheap for the 360.
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with a new piece from Jon Causith.
- The Patreon page has been updated with all new backers. My eternal gratitude for everyone's continued support.
07/31/2022 - Starting tomorrow off with a bang, hoo boy. First of the month is my cousin's appointment, so here's hoping that goes well.
Things have felt a bit tense at home with the date nearing. It's the uncertainty of how this is going to go. Hopefully at least we can start figuring out where to go with this, and hopefully something can help. In addition, one of our cats, I'm getting a bit worried about him. He's definitely starting to show his age, so just the process of trying to take as good of care of, well, everyone as I can. Yeah, life has been... a thing.
Alas, the show must go on. At least the Cuphead DLC has been fun thus far, and I hope people have been enjoying the vids on it. More to come once things settle down a bit around here.
And now, updates.
- The Library has been updated with a few new eShop purchases. Sometime, I might go through my Library page and redo it to be more in line with how things are split on my Backloggery. It's probably a bit better organized, haha.
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with three new works by Jon Causith. My thanks as always for the new artwork!
06/30/2022 - Been a busy month at home, that's for sure.
So my cousin is finally starting the process of getting diagnosed, though it is a slow one. We've been recommended to a specialist, and are waiting on an appointment to get him some scans and tests. Currently he's been put on a med that will hopefully slow the process of memory problems he's been having, so thoughts and prayers are appreciated.
We're also around the time of year now that's kind of problematic for me mentally and emotionally, anniversary of losing my mum coming up, but I'm at least feeling better than I was last year, so hopefully no sudden huge burnouts or such. Though project-wise, things might get pretty busy here... I'm planning to record the Cuphead DLC here soon as a break from BN5, then once that's done, I'll resume Battle Newtork, but may also do it alongside with Crystal No Evolutions as a B Side project.
So with that, site updates yo :
- The Library has been updated with a few new games I got on eShop.
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with 6 new works. My thanks as always to the artists.
05/31/2022 - The curse continues...
So things were looking good for awhile there, we got the vehicle situations all sorted out, the AC got fixed, everything good. Alas, it did not last long. Now we're back in the health concerns territory. My cousin has started having problems with memory loss and awareness. His branch of the family sadly has a history of such, and it's been hitting him hard lately. There have been instances where it seems like he doesn't realize he lives here, times he's actually packed a suitcase and tried to get out of the house at night thinking someone was coming to pick him up or he had a job somewhere, so it's been a difficult time of learning to cope with these developments. He thankfully hasn't had an episode in a few days now, but we know it is a problem, and have been discussing trying to get professional help, get him diagnosed, but we haven't had a chance to do so yet. On the lesser end of things, our water seems to be having problems again, so... good times, yo.
I am trying to work on channel stuff where I can, but it's been a very stressful time here with all this going on. Unfortunately, it does tend to mess with my mind something fierce, so it's just trying to get my mind off things long enough to feel up to working on things. Which... I tend to get that feedback loop of trying to avoid thinking of something just making me think about it more. I at least have the waypoints for recording set on Team ProtoMan, just have to get actual recording done.
Anyway, that aside, updates time :
- The Library has been updated with a couple of eShop games I got.
- The Fan Art gallery has a new image, courtesy of HatOnFire. Thanks kindly for the new art!
- The Patreon page has been updated with all new backers. I know things have been slow with everything going on, but I am eternally grateful for the continued support. I hope to make it worth the kindness I have been shown.
05/01/2022 - It's a rocky road, but still happy to be working on MMBN5 again. It feels like a sort of return to normality. Even if Worms or World of Horror still appears as filler here and there, working primarily on BN5 again feels good.
Thankfully, our air conditioning is working again, so durgon is no longer molten. So that's good. Trying to get more work done on things where I can, and it feels good to be doing some productive stuff. Still a long way to go on BN5, but such is the nature of the beast. Still thinking here and there about possible upcoming projects as well, so looking forward to those.
Really, there's not TOO much else to update. Things around here have been thankfully pretty relaxed of late. We got the AC fixed, our new generator got hooked up and tested, and surprisingly we even got the car title situation taken care of. All good stuff!
So updates time :
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with one new work. Thanks to Aneesh 1729!
- The Library has been updated with various new games. I want to make specific mention of Ragitsu's donation of The Hobbit for Gamecube, which I forgot to add on the last update, my bad on that, and thank you very much for the donation, always appreciated.
- The Patreon page has been updated with new backers. My eternal thanks for your continued support, it truly helps out a lot.
04/01/2022 - Oh right, site updates are a thing. I may have gotten too focused on getting last night's Gag Reel and Worms videos done and forgotten about that.
So first and foremost, I AM TRYING TO GET MORE WORK DONE ON MMBN5. Unbelievable, I know. The main issue right now is our AC is still out, so my room is kinda brutally hot right now, and my fans pick up if I try to record, sooooo yeah. Just trying to find moments where I can let the fans be off for a bit while I try to record. Fun times, but I'm trying to work on it.
That being said, I wish to extend my most heartfelt thanks to everyone who has been patient with me through all this, as well as those who have continued to support me on Patreon. Really hoping things get back on track soon.
Anyway, updates yo :
- The Library has been updated with a few games I got on eShop, as well as new Kirb.
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with 4 new pics from Jon Causith. My thanks for the new work!
- The Patreon page has been updated with all new backers. My eternal thanks for your support!
02/28/2022 - Busy durgon is still busy o.o
Thankfully it's mostly just this week though, hopefully...? Knock wood...? Today I had to get up early to deal with health insurance issues. At least the call went smoothly I think? So hopefully we're on track for getting me insured again. Wednesday however, our power is going to be out, not sure for how long, as we have people coming out to install an emergency generator.
I'm hoping to get back to BN5 this month once things are a bit calmer, hopefully later this week. I'm also considering a bit of a talky-bit vid to kind of vent into the void as a sort of self-therapy, like, just talking about where the big period of burnout and depression came from as near as I can figure it out. Not 100% sure if I'll do this, but I am considering it, trying to think if there's a good game I could play in the background for it. We shall see.
Anyway, all that out of the way, updates time yo :
- The Library page has been updated with a few games I got on Steam and Switch for my birthday. Also starting to get a few 3DS titles I want to make sure to grab before the shop closes. Also I guess I have a PS4 game now, though no way to play it currently. Whoops!
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with 6 new pieces. My thanks to the fan artists!
- The Patreon page has been updated with new backers. My eternal gratitude for your continued support. In these times, any and all support is greatly appreciated.
02/01/2022 - Oh man them clinic issues, amirite?
Turns out messages I've been sending to my health clinic haven't even been reaching them, because the person assigned to my account doesn't work there anymore, and so my account was signed over to someone else... who also doesn't work there anymore. GOOD JOB! This in combination with my insurance suddenly shooting up from around $100 to over $1000 a month... durgon is not happy.
Meanwhile, a little over a week until I'm 41... So if 40 is the proverbial hill, does that mean it's all downhill from here? Oh dear...
Hopefully I can get back to work on BN5 this month, I'm going to stop worrying about trying to go as long as I can without taking a hit, if it happens it happens, no more trashing a whole session a half hour in just because of taking a hit. Let's save the challenge rules for actual challenge projects, and just have fun with what I'm doing at the time, yes?
- A few new game acquisitions added to the Library.
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with 11 new pieces. My thanks to all the fan artists out there!
- While there are no new patrons to add, I do still want to extend my most sincere thanks to everyone out there that has been continuing to support me through some rough times. I do hope I can provide entertainment that is worth it, and hope to do more in the future.
01/02/2022 - Oh hey, I got the year right! And the updates are empty, cleared out to the archives as one does.
Looking back over last year's updates... oof. It was rather upsetting seeing just how many of them were "deep depression and overwhelming stress." 2021, especially the back half of it, was rough... I'm at least mostly feeling better, though a) I'm still not any closer to getting my wisdom teeth out, and b) our AC is out, it's only by the grace of a cold front that came through today that my room is currently comfortable enough to work on things. Woo things breaking down, we also just had to replace our washing machine o.o;
The holidays were at least nice other than the AC breaking down, and I got a nice nifty Silent Hill shirt now, so that's cool. I am hoping things calm down enough / we can get the AC working again soon to be able to get back to work on things, including getting Battle Network 5 up and running again. I was going to wait until after the wisdom teeth stuff, but that was when I thought my insurance was in order, which.... no idea where we are on that right now. The burnout is at least better now and I feel more up to working on things, now I just have to avoid melting in my room.
So now for updates, yo :
- The Archives have been updated with all of last year's update logs.
- The Library has been updated with a lot of new games, between Christmas goodies and an eShop giveaway I managed to catch. Special shoutout to Zwatakea for gifting me the original Five Nights at Freddy's on Steam!
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with three new pieces. My thanks to the fan artists!