Thank you for visiting Dragonsoft Studios.
I am your humble dragon host, Roahm Mythril.
Please enjoy your stay!
Recent Updates :
10/01/2021 - Oh man medical stress, now it comes for meeeee~
So I just had my yearly checkup at the end of September, and currently have the lingering worry of "are they going to call me back with abnormal results or something?" I do kinda wish they called either way, like to at least say "Yep, everything's fine" and just cut the worry off, y'know? My uncle's followup call was like, three or four days after his appointment, so I'll probably be stressing on this until about the middle of next week o.o;
Burnout has still very much been a thing, but off and on I've at least been trying to practice the next liberation mission. I'm really hoping this thing will just leave me alone soon ~_~; In the midst of all this, I want to express my most heart felt appreciation for my viewers and fans for being understanding. All the same, I do hope to get back to work soon.
So anyway, updates, because nothing stops the updates :
- The Library has been updated with some new games, mostly Switch downloads, but also a few 3DS puzzle games.
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with 4 new pieces. My thanks to the artists!
- The Patreon page has been updated with all new backers. My sincere thanks for your support!
09/01/2021 - Welcome to updates postponed by a day due to a health scare that turned out to be nothing! WHEEEEE!~ Don't get me wrong, super glad it wasn't anything serious, but can we stop with the stress? o.o;
So my uncle went in for his yearly checkup while I was trying to get yet another prescription straightened out at the clinic (spoilers : they still managed to get part of it wrong, or at least the pharmacy did? One of the two...). They told him the usual of "we'll only call you back if there's something really abnormal." And then he gets called back. CUE THE PANIC! Given everything my family's been through with medical drama, my mind instantly went bad places, as did his. Thankfully all they wanted to talk about were his glucose levels were high, which we... kinda already knew that from the appointment itself..? But hey thanks for spiking everyone's worry by not just talking to him when you had him on the phone.
So with all that taken care of, it's been another weird month, what with having to let my tongue heal from chomping it pretty badly. Thankfully that seems to more or less be back to normal, so hopefully will be getting back to MMBN5 soon. Also of course scares from the tropics as storm season is hitting its peak, my thoughts go out to everyone who was affected by Ida, and I hope people are okay in that area.
For now though, time for updates :
- The Library has been updated with some new acquisitions. A couple of special mentions among them due to donations, but my thanks to Beedolphin for sending me a PS Vita with Silent Hill : Book of Memories, and a special shoutout to Adam Manty, who long ago sent me copies of the Jazz Jackrabbit games via GOG, and...... I kinda only recently noticed that I hadn't added most of my GOG library to this page or my Backloggery, so my bad on that.
- The Fan Art page has been updated with 10 new pieces. My thanks to the fan artists!
- The Patreon page has been updated with all new backers. My most sincere gratitude for your continued support!
08/03/2021 - So if I forgot about updates last month due to depression? Hoo boy, this month was worse.
Yeaaaah, July was super rough on me, to the point of major burnout and depression. As such, things on the channel have been pretty quiet, yet it's not even due to the project of MMBN5. I'm just burned out due to real life getting majorly in the way. Over the course of July, one of my friends was going through some super stressful family situations, so I wanted to work on some art for him to help him keep his mind off things. I also spent two weeks fighting my clinic and pharmacy to get my blood pressure prescription refilled, got both my covid shots, and we also lost our water for a bit due to one of the customers on the firing range shooting out the pipe on our well pump and not telling anyone. Fun times! I've also still been dealing with major depression. The good news is I feel like I'm having more good days mentally than bad the past week or so, but when I have my bad days, they hit super hard, and I just had a couple of them in a row. I'm hoping things just chill for a bit and I can feel good getting back to work.
In the meantime, updates :
- The Library has been updated with some new games I got on Switch, plus a couple of new Steam games that were donated to me.
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with 9 new pieces. My thanks to the fan artists!
07/01/2021 - Oh hey, guess who, amongst all the stress and depression, forgot yesterday was the last day of the month! Whoops.
So the last month has sure been a thing. Our AC went out, our ice maker went out, the radiator in our truck cracked, so many things breaking because summer. Woo! On a personal level, I've been dealing with pretty strong waves of depression. Basically everything from Mothers Day to about mid / late July is rough, as it was the period of the year where my mum's health started declining until she passed. Thus, a period of bad memories and just something I have to deal with and get through as best I can.
In better news, I've started up the LP of Battle Network 5, so hey, at least that's been going well thus far. Of course, early Zenny grinding is a bit of a thing, and this past week has been full of prior obligations. Fair warning, next week might be a bit of a thing as well, as I'm finally set to get my first of the vaccination shots. Yeah, things have been that freaking busy and stressful around here o.o;
Anyway, updates :
- The Projects page has been updated with the start of MMBN5.
- The Library has been updated with a few new games I caught on sale on Switch and Steam. Also, Mario Golf.
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with 4 new pieces. My thanks to the fan artists!
05/31/2021 - Hey guess who's been overheated of late and also has had their face bitten off by large swarms of mosquitoes?!! Yeaaaaah this time of year in southeast Texas is not fun. No likey.
At least overall, the past month hasn't been TOO bad, though I have had the occasional bit of depression just from this starting the period where mum's health took that first downturn, so... yeah. Another reason for me to not be particularly fond of late spring / summer... Doing my best though to just push through things and work on stuff. And hey, we got Adventures of Lolo, the blind run of Quest of Lala, and finally the Alchemy and Call Bead demos for Secret of Evermore finished. Yay, progress! But what could be next? Hopefully something coming within the first week of June here.
Other than that, not too much else to report, other than I may have missed out on pre-orders for any of the upcoming amiibos. Seems they did a bad job guarding against scalpers this time. Hopefully something works out on that front. But for now, updates!
- The Projects page has been updated with the completion of Lolo, Lala, and the Evermore extras.
- The Library has been updated with my receiving New Pokémon Snap, and my purchases of Ninja Gaiden Master Collection, Monster Hunter Stories, and Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with 7 new images. My thanks to the artists!
04/30/2021 - This month's moment of panic brought to you by a health scare in which we thought my cousin might have contracted covid. Fun times! Thank gods he didn't. It did keep us all pretty freaked out and worried for a bit there, so very thankfully, he's better now, false alarm.
That aside, April has largely passed without incident. Most of the month video-wise has been spent on Adventures of Lolo. It's interesting to see the main reactions I've had to it : those that aren't familiar with it but found it interesting and want to try it themselves, and those who ARE familiar with it and like me have experienced a Medusa-based heart attack. As for my personal time, I've been pretty solidly hooked on Monster Hunter Rise. As is often the case with me, I'm out to try to collect / make all the things. So yeah, there's that.
And now, updates!
- The Library has been updated with a few new Switch games, plus Spider, an old PS1 game I randomly remembered renting once and enjoying. Sadly, my copy of New Pokemon Snap is late.
- The Projects page has been updated with the current project, a blind run of The Quest of Lala.
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with 8 new pics. My thanks to the fan artists!
03/31/2021 - So after a brief moment of worry of my old computer not booting up the first time, site updates are done for the month!
As with most months, March had its ups and downs, but for the most part, I had a lot of fun recording the Link to the Past Randomizer run I did with Pink. I'm glad people seemed to enjoy the project. I might consider more such projects in the future, we shall see.
This month also saw a lot of deliveries coming in on my side, some games I had reserved as well as more amiibos for the army. Oddly GameStop seemed to have a problem with the Palamute amiibo. I got my Palico and Magnamalo, but it's like they haven't gotten a stock of Palamutes yet.
Meanwhile, with midnight heralding April Fools, it's time for a new entry in the Gag Reel playlist. This, at least, you can trust, but keep your guard up for any rumors or leaks or whatever that occur tomorrow.
So now, updates!
- The Library has been updated with some new Switch titles I picked up, as well as some new amiibos.
- The Projects page has been updated with the completion of the LttP Randomizer run.
- The Fan Art gallery has been updated with 3 new works. My thanks to thet artists!
- The Patreon page has been updated with all new backers. As ever, my eternal thanks for your continued support!
02/28/2021 - So, uhhh.... February was a thing... Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana all got slapped pretty hard with an arctic blast o.o;
At this point, thankfully things are pretty much back to normal, but we did have to repair some plumbing out in the garage. I know a lot of people were hit way worse though, so hopefully those that were hit with more of it are getting back to normal.
At least Startropics is all finished up, overall people seemed to enjoy that, so I'm happy for that. Next up on the channel will be Adventures of Lolo, and then we'll finally have Let's Vote 2 cleared out. What will follow that? Who knows! Well, the durgon knows. I do have plans, but for now they are secret! Muahahaha! Or something to that effect.
Tomorrow though I should finally get to play Persona 5 Strikers, after my delivery stalled out about a two hour drive from my house, stayed there for three days, and then my next tracking update showed it as having gone further away from me. Fun!
And now, updates :
- The Projects page has been updated with the completion of Startropics.
- The Library page has been updated with some new games and amiibos that have arrived, as well as my birthday goodies.
- The Fan Art page has been updated with 6 new pieces. My thanks to the artists for their work!
- The Patreon page has been updated with all new backers. My eternal gratitude for your continued support!
01/31/2021 - And there, finally got around to the traditional New Year's Cleanup of the main page. Feels so empty now.
So January for the most part has been going pretty decently, though as ever, life has its ups and downs. The good news is I've been sleeping a bit better of late. After my uncle's recommendation, I tried some over the counter melatonin supplements, they seem to be helping me a lot.
I have admittedly been feeling a little bummed about something else though. In 9 days, I'm officially 40. So much of a big deal is made of that age, and so many expectations get put on you by society, it does hit that point of self questioning of "have I done enough?" In the end, I know I'm the only one that can answer that, I don't have to live up to anyone else's standards, but it is something that I guess has just been on my mind.
That and just further fossil status. Old durgon is old :P
Anyways, updates, yo :
- The Archive has been updated with all the site announcements from last year, which have been cleared off the main page.
- The Projects page has been updated with the currently running project of Startropics. I'm glad people seem to be enjoying it!
- The Library page has been updated with a few new titles I reserved on Switch, as well as some Steam titles I got now that Chompie's got me to where I can use Steam without killing my bandwidth.
- The Fan Art page has been updated with 18 new pieces. My thanks to all the artists!
- The Patreon page has been udpated with all new backers. As ever, my most sincere and eternal thanks for your support, and I hope to make it worth your while with a new year of projects.